Q&A #17351

alternative ways to mulitply

View entire discussion

From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 17, 2006 at 00:37:39
Subject: Re: alternative ways to mulitply

Hi Erin, Thanks for your question to T2T. I can't find anything about an algorithm for multiplication called Bowtie, but we'll see if anyone else has any ideas. >Hello, > >As a fifth grade teacher, I look for a variety of ways to teach >multiplication. I'm familiar with the standard algorithm, lattice, >partial product and the box method. I've heard about the "bowtie" method, >but I can't seem to find anything about it. Could you please explain how >this method works? > >Thanks, > >Erin -Cynthia, for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®