Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #17363

curriculum question

View entire discussion

From: Laura Adler <rlslba@comcast.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 20, 2006 at 15:27:08
Subject: curriculum question

SRA McGraw-Hill has come out with an intervention program called "Number Worlds". Has anyone used it? Does anyone know how this program is different from other programs? I am especially interested if anyone knows if this program is the same one referred to in the book, “How Students Learn – Mathematics in the Classroom”, from National Academies Press. There is a very long chapter where Number Worlds is successfully used with elementary students who were a couple of years below grade level. If you go to this site, http://newton.nap.edu/openbook/0309089492/html/index.html you can read the sections on line—I believe it is Chapter 6.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/