From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 08, 1999 at 10:34:25
Subject: Re: Using the recent technologies in teaching mathematics

Overall, I would say that graphing calculators are more common at the high
school level than computers, primarily because of cost. Most of the schools
use graphing calculators with algebra II and above. In Mississippi, algebra
I test at the end of the year requires the use of graphing calculators. I am
not sure what you are referring to by math packages.

There are some software packages out there that are used. Some places go to
on-line sites through internet, like BOXERMATH. This may be the way to go
since using material on-line could be more accessible for schools.

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/