From: Ralph (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 08, 2006 at 09:36:57
Subject: Re: Remembering meaning of "multiples" and "factors"

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for writing to T2T.  To be honest, I haven't thought about
any "trick" for this before, so this is strictly "off the top of my head"
[maybe other T2T associates will have a more "reasoned" answer for you! :) ]

(F)actor:  (F)ew ;  (F)inite
Every number has a (F)inite number of (F)actors

(M)ultiple: (M)any, (M)any, (Many)--in fact as (M)any as you want, since
multiples go on indefinitely.
You can write as (M)any (M)ultiples as you choose for any number.

It's a start, anyway--maybe you can massage it more,

 -Ralph, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®