Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #17431

Harkness Questions

View entire discussion

From: Harlan Underhill <Hunderhill@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 11, 2006 at 06:23:07
Subject: Harkness Questions

Does anyone have Harkness style teaching questions for Geometry?   I'm
looking for problems starting with simple and going through the standard
topics of Geometry.   For instance, on comparing line segment lengths, I
ask: "Who is the tallest person here?  Who is the shortest?"   This
requires each student to think of herself briefly as a line segment and
to compare each other to each other.   I also ask: "Who has the largest
head?" and imagine that someone will come up with the idea of wrapping a
string around the brow and then comparing the lengths, as if measuring a
hat size.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®