Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #17435

blind college student needing suggestions for teacher for Algebra

View entire discussion

From: <partain319@charter.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 12, 2006 at 22:02:27
Subject: blind college student needing suggestions for teacher for Algebra

If any of you have ever worked with a blind student teaching College
Algebra I would appreciate your advice and tips.  I am a college student
who is blind.  Often mathematical concepts are hard for me as they are
very visual. Teachers often rely on overheads and say things like "If I
take 2 away from this, and then add 2 here, we can see x will equal 6" I
don't see, and that is the problem.  The college I attend says they can
provide me with a notetaker, but then again someone will have to read me
the notes! any help will be appreciated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/