From: Ralph (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 14, 2006 at 10:48:51
Subject: Re: Math Corrections?

Hi JS,

Cynthia has given an excellent suggestion, and makes a good point about
perhaps trying to do this for "each" assignment being too much to deal
with.  Another potential strategy is to involve parents. (this obviously
only works if parents WANT to be involved! :) Our child in Gr. 2 this past
year tended to be very sloppy in his schoolwork, and often didn't finish
it.  We had talked with his teacher and asked her to keep us informed when
he performed poorly, particularly in his math work.  She would frequently
send home his math assignments with a note to us asking us to have him
correct the work, and then sign it, so she'd know we'd seen it.

This might help in the tracking as well.

Good luck,

 -Ralph, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question