Q&A #17514

Teacher Edition Moise Downs Geometry

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 01, 2006 at 10:54:41
Subject: Re: Teacher Edition Moise Downs Geometry

Hi Harlan,

Interestingly I found this post on a Math Forum discussion from July 21, 2005:

You can read the full text by going to the discussion but I found this response
the most interesting:

Your best bet is eBay or one of the rare book sites like ABE (Advanced Book Exchange).
Unbelievably, I have a copy that I purchased at a thrift shop for 20 cents years ago (they were
overflowing with books and wanted to get rid of them, so sold them for 5 for $1.00). Strange but
true category: Originally, Addison Wesley published a separate Solution Key for this book, which
they no longer do. (The long answers and proofs are right in the margins in the Teacher's Edition,
and a few spilled over into the back into a special section for proofs that did not fit within the text).
The student book and separate solution key recently sold for a little over $400 on eBay!

Although that post is a year old, you might also consider posting to the
discussion to see if anyone might have a copy for you?

I hope this is helpful.

>I'm teaching six home schoolers a one year credit course in Geometry.
>I'm using the 1991 edition of Moise and Downs' GEOMETRY.  I wonder if
>anyone here has and would be willing to sell me the Teachers' Edition for
>the 1991 edition.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about
this possibility:

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®