From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 15, 2006 at 11:23:11
Subject: Re: math movement

Hi Cory,
Thanks for your question.

I'll give it a try and hopefully others will also. I like putting centers
around the room where the kids circulate among them in groups. Sometimes it
is nothing more than breaking up a worksheet into problems and providing
manipulatives or calculators at different tables, but it gets the kids up
and moving around. I also like projects where kids have to collect their
own data (measure heights, do the wave and time how long it takes as a
function of the number of kids, etc.)

 >I might have asked this awhile back, but really never heard from anyone,
>so I will throw an extra question at you.  First one is math movement.
>What are some movement things I can do so my kids can get up and stretch
>and move a bit for a short break?  I know teachers try and use movement
>but are they effective?  Just some ideas for me if you have any?  Also,
>projects or extra things I could do with my basic skills math classes.
>That is what I teach so just looking for something extra and possibly fun
>to do with them besides the curriculum.
>Thanks
>Please forward this if you are unable to provide some good ideas to
>people who maybe would.

 -Cynthia, for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum.
Please read more about this possibility:
http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®