Q&A #17566

math movement

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 15, 2006 at 11:23:11
Subject: Re: math movement

Hi Cory, Thanks for your question. I'll give it a try and hopefully others will also. I like putting centers around the room where the kids circulate among them in groups. Sometimes it is nothing more than breaking up a worksheet into problems and providing manipulatives or calculators at different tables, but it gets the kids up and moving around. I also like projects where kids have to collect their own data (measure heights, do the wave and time how long it takes as a function of the number of kids, etc.) >I might have asked this awhile back, but really never heard from anyone, >so I will throw an extra question at you. First one is math movement. >What are some movement things I can do so my kids can get up and stretch >and move a bit for a short break? I know teachers try and use movement >but are they effective? Just some ideas for me if you have any? Also, >projects or extra things I could do with my basic skills math classes. >That is what I teach so just looking for something extra and possibly fun >to do with them besides the curriculum. >Thanks >Please forward this if you are unable to provide some good ideas to >people who maybe would. -Cynthia, for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®