Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #17633

proper writing of measurement abreviations

View entire discussion

From: Eric
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Sep 21, 2006 at 09:09:18
Subject: proper writing of measurement abreviations

I had a collegue return a drawing to me with changes to the way i had
written the measurement.
I was under the impression that when writting out measurements, either
imperial or metric, using the abreviations, the said abrev. would exist
directly after the numeric. example, 2mm, 2", 20km, 50mph

Their request is to put a space inbetween example, 2 mm, 20 km, 50 mph.
I have not been able to find a resource on which is the best practice.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/