Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #17642

Activities to do when students struggle with basic facts, algrebra, geometry, measurements

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Sep 23, 2006 at 09:41:48
Subject: Activities to do when students struggle with basic facts, algrebra, geometry, measurements

I am trying to obtain a list of activities (approaches) to provide
colleagues, that address the 5 content strands (number sense and
operations, algebra, geometry, etc.

What activities can be done when students are struggling in these areas.
Is there something like this in place?  Where can I get a book or listing?

What I want is a place to obtain a list of activities (techniques or
strategies) to address all learning styles (visual, auditory, kinestetic,
etc.).

Example:  a number chart or number line can be used to help students master
skip counting.

Money and base ten blocks can be used to teach place value.

The how and others things to try-out when students still struggle even
though the teacher has tried the above already.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/