Q&A #18055

Student-led closings

View entire discussion

From: Sondra Schuld <sondra.schuld@rcsdk12.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 05, 2006 at 21:51:32
Subject: Student-led closings

The question is specific to the kindergarten grade level. We use the workshop model for math in our school, at all grade levels. The workshop consists of approx. a 15 minute mini-lesson, a 30-40 minute work time, and a 5-15 minute closing. During the closing we often have student's share their work from one of the day's activities or perform a task in our class math journal. What I need from you is some ideas for doing a student-lead closing with the students, so that they are responsible for taking charge of the closing of the workshop and what happens during it. Hope you can help!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®