From: Sondra Schuld <sondra.schuld@rcsdk12.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 05, 2006 at 21:51:32
Subject: Student-led closings

The question is specific to the kindergarten grade level. We use the
workshop model for math in our school, at all grade levels. The workshop
consists of approx. a 15 minute mini-lesson, a 30-40 minute work time, and
a 5-15 minute closing. During the closing we often have student's share
their work from one of the day's activities or perform a task in our class
math journal.
What I need from you is some ideas for doing a student-lead closing with
the students, so that they are responsible for taking charge of the
closing of the workshop and what happens during it.
Hope you can help!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®