From: Terri Dearing
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 04, 1998 at 08:43:02
Subject: Re: Motivating students

Good answer! I am a public school washout after a single year of teaching Algebra I, Informal Geometry, and Honors Algebra II (my favorite class since I didn't have to motivate them). I had many students who were in class because if they did not attend, parents didn't get welfare money. Try to motivate them to learn! I also had many parents who hadn't learned algebra well, and there were other problems: most of the students in Algebra I were straight from 8th grade math and weren't ready for algebra. This was the principal's fault. Anyway, I'm now in nursing school. I hope that I have a little more success doing that. Thanks for your answer! I'll remember that if I ever am back in the classroom.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/