From: Allison <allie_gator123@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 12, 2007 at 20:28:35
Subject: Help with word problems needed!

I am a college student studying to become an elementary math teacher, and I'm
currently tutoring a 2nd grader. Lately she's been having trouble
distinguishing between addition and subtraction within word problems. She is
able to tell the difference when given the symbols in a number sentence (+,
-), but she really struggles when reading story problems. She tends to
overlook key words like "how many more", "more than", etc. I was wondering if
anybody had any advice or ideas on a game or activity I could do with her to
help her learn when to use addition and when to use subtraction. Anything fun
that would keep her attention would help tremendously!! Thank you =)

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/