From: Allison Glenney <glenney143@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 04, 2007 at 19:04:54
Subject: Multicultural Education

How would I teach multicultural education through mathematics?  I
understand that mathematics in itself is multicultural with its parts
coming from all around the world, but how can I integrate this into a
math lesson for either late elementary students or middle level
children?  Initially, I need to start with a value statement, such
as "Equality is good" or "Discrimination is bad," which in itself seems
difficult when considering math in mind.  So, how can I incorporate
multicultural education with my value statement in a lesson of
mathematics?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®