Q&A #18434

Adopting a new mathematics curriculum

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 10, 2007 at 22:22:07
Subject: Adopting a new mathematics curriculum

What is the best way to support teachers that are resistant to a newly adopted resource. Our district has adopted Connected Mathematics, and many of our teachers have taught only one unit this school year. They quickly resorted back to the old traditional text from previous adoptions. Some say that it is too easy for the gifted students; others say that it is too difficult for struggling students.

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®