Q&A #186

Internet in the Classroom

View entire discussion

From: Jane Sutherland
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 29, 1998 at 14:06:07
Subject: Internet in the Classroom

I am a graduate student at Cardinal Stritch University studying Computer Education. For a final semester project I have been collecting teacher resources specific to the use of the Internet in the Classroom. This can be found at http://www.stritch.edu/~seminar/jane/jane.html I am trying to understand what issues are behind incorporating the Internet in the classroom. Do you think that you could answer a couple of questions for me? I have sent this list to others and wish to compile some responses on my website: http://www.stritch.edu/~seminar/jane/reflection.html 1. What can you suggest about how to incorporate technology in high school math or computer science classes? 2. What kinds of pedagogical issues should a beginning teacher keep in mind? 3. Using computers during class can be distracting... or it can deepen the lesson? 4. How to do this effectively? 5. If you were giving a presentation at the WMC (Wisconsin Mathematics) meeting in Green Lake, what would you actually say to a room full of high school teachers about the resources you've gathered?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®