From: Jane Sutherland
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 29, 1998 at 14:06:07
Subject: Internet in the Classroom

I am a graduate student at Cardinal Stritch University studying Computer
Education. For a final semester project I have been collecting teacher
resources specific to the use of the Internet in the Classroom. This can be
found at

   http://www.stritch.edu/~seminar/jane/jane.html

I am trying to understand what issues are behind incorporating the Internet
in the classroom. Do you think that you could answer a couple of questions
for me? I have sent this list to others and wish to compile some responses on
my website:

   http://www.stritch.edu/~seminar/jane/reflection.html

1. What can you suggest about how to incorporate technology in high school
   math or computer science classes?

2. What kinds of pedagogical issues should a beginning teacher keep in mind?

3. Using computers during class can be distracting... or it can deepen the
   lesson?

4. How to do this effectively?

5. If you were giving a presentation at the WMC (Wisconsin Mathematics)
   meeting in Green Lake, what would you actually say to a room full of high
   school teachers about the resources you've gathered?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/