Q&A #1886

Software and geometry

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 18, 1999 at 20:24:35
Subject: Re: Software and geometry

There is some great software that was recently pointed out to me and then I tried it and bought a site license that very same day! I just think it is great. You can download it here: Poly: http://www.peda.com/poly/ Poly is a shareware program for exploring and constructing polyhedra. With Poly, you can manipulate a polyhedral solid on the computer and print out a flattened version (a net) which can then be cut out, folded, and taped, to produce a three-dimensional model. Unregistered copies are fully-functional, but remember that Poly is for evaluation purposes only until you have registered. Poly has both an English and a Spanish interface. Then, here are two web sites that you might find interesting: Studying Polyhedra; http://mathforum.org/alejandre/applet.polyhedra.html Crystallographic Polyhedra: http://www.nirim.go.jp/~weber/POLYHEDRA/p_00.html Then you might find this unit interesting: Polyhedra in the Classroom http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/unit14.html I hope that helps. -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®