From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 18, 1999 at 20:24:35
Subject: Re: Software and geometry

There is some great software that was recently pointed out to me and then
I tried it and bought a site license that very same day! I just think it is
great. You can download it here:

Poly:
http://www.peda.com/poly/

Poly is a shareware program for exploring and constructing polyhedra.
With Poly, you can manipulate a polyhedral solid on the computer and
print out a flattened version (a net) which can then be cut out,
folded, and taped, to produce a three-dimensional model. Unregistered
copies are fully-functional, but remember that Poly is for evaluation
purposes only until you have registered. Poly has both an English and a
Spanish interface.

Then, here are two web sites that you might find interesting:

Studying Polyhedra;
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/applet.polyhedra.html

Crystallographic Polyhedra:
http://www.nirim.go.jp/~weber/POLYHEDRA/p_00.html

Then you might find this unit interesting:

Polyhedra in the Classroom
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/unit14.html

I hope that helps.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/