Q&A #19028

Everyday Mathematics slide rule

View entire discussion

From: Yevgeniy Traube <y.traube1@verizon.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 30, 2007 at 19:52:33
Subject: slide rule

I am a math tutor in HS. One time I was asked about "slide rule : An Everyday Mathematics tool for adding and subtracting integers and fractions (5 grade Study Links)". I tried to find an explanation for it on the Internet but I found nothing. I remember that before calculators we used a slide-rule for multiplication (by logarithms). Maybe in Everyday Mathematics they use a similar device with linear scale? Could you answer me and write where I can read about it? Thank you in advance. Your truly Yevgeniy Traube

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®