From: Yevgeniy Traube <y.traube1@verizon.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 30, 2007 at 19:52:33
Subject: slide rule

I am a math tutor in HS. One time I was asked  about "slide rule : An
Everyday Mathematics tool for adding and subtracting integers and fractions
(5 grade Study Links)". I tried to find an explanation for it on the Internet
but I found nothing. I remember that before calculators we used a slide-rule
for multiplication (by logarithms). Maybe in Everyday Mathematics they use
a similar device with linear scale? Could you answer me and write where I
can read about it? Thank you in advance.
Your truly Yevgeniy Traube

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®