From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 02, 2007 at 09:29:07
Subject: "Carrying" in addition

I am Indian and have done my studies in India, but my daughter is going to a
British School. I think the maths teaching system is very different. I need
help regarding adding two digit numbers.

28 + 17 = ?   How to teach her the carry part.

She can solve 17 + 20 = ?   10's jump
              17 + 10 = 27
              27 + 10 = 37

Kindly help.