Q&A #19043

Explaing word problems to a Grade 3 student

View entire discussion

From: Lena
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 06, 2007 at 13:48:58
Subject: Explaing word problems to a Grade 3 student

I am tutoring children of different ages. Last time, a boy in Grade 3 could not understand the word problem. Example: Nina had to run 89 meters. After she ran for 15 meters, she fell. How many more meters did she have to run? I tried to draw pictures and graphs, but he did not understand saying that his teacher does the same, but it does not work for him. How I can explain this concept? Thank you! Lena, Edmonton

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®