From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 19, 2007 at 08:33:40
Subject: Plotting points on a graph

I recently attended a professional development session in which a math
"expert" presented a lesson on plotting points on a graph. Once the points
were plotted a student asked why she didn't connect the dots with lines. Her
reply was that when you plot points on a graph you never connect them. I have
a problem with the word "never". I thought that the line connections depended
totally on what the purpose of the graph was.  Therefore can you explain if
and when point plot graphs include lines?

Thanks,
A Concerned Teacher

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question