From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 14, 2007 at 22:13:56
Subject: Parentheses

How should students read (3x-5)+1?  I've seen several versions online
supporting "open parenthesis", "close parenthesis" or "right paren" and "left
paren". I'm not certain which one to teach my fourth graders.  Would it be
incorrect to say "parenthesis 3x-5 parenthesis +1"?

Thank you!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®