From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 28, 2007 at 20:38:25
Subject: Re: Division and multiplication in grade 3

Hi Laura,

This is just an opinion, but I think the stronger you can make the
relationship between multiplication and division, the better off your
students will be. I think that if you put something between them, it may
cause students to draw the conclusion that they are two separate things,
with no connection. I am assuming you are talking more about fact families
than long division. In that case, I could even see making a point for
introducing them together. I hope this gives you something to think about
as you plan your lessons.  :-)

 -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question