From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 28, 2007 at 20:38:25
Subject: Re: Division and multiplication in grade 3

Hi Laura, This is just an opinion, but I think the stronger you can make the relationship between multiplication and division, the better off your students will be. I think that if you put something between them, it may cause students to draw the conclusion that they are two separate things, with no connection. I am assuming you are talking more about fact families than long division. In that case, I could even see making a point for introducing them together. I hope this gives you something to think about as you plan your lessons. :-) -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/