From: dufeu <dufeu@palmertrinity.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 25, 1999 at 23:16:54
Subject: Mathematics and laptops

Our entire middle school student body will have laptops by the middle of
September and I am looking for ways to effectively use these while
teaching middle school math, specifically pre-algebra.  I don't just want
to use the web, but want to use it to do mathematics, for the students to
learn mathematics, and to be able to apply mathematics.

I do not want them to just be web searchers, or look in math history etc. I
want to be able to find ways to use the laptops with and without the web.
Ideas, sites, suggestions would be most welcome.  We are using McDougal
Littell Passport to Mathematics for 8th grade and Glencoe Course 3 for
seventh.  Look forward to hearing any and all ideas.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/