From: Alex Britez <abritez@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jan 28, 2008 at 16:25:23
Subject: Common Mistakes in Addition and Subtraction

Hi, I am a first semester graduate student in Educational Technology. I am
looking to design an application that will help children who are having
issues in mathematics early on. However before trying to tackle a problem,
I would like to better understand it. Are there any patterns that are
predictable year after year, particularly in the K-2 years? Obviously a
child's development is very organic, but I would imagine that many children
run into many of the same stumbling blocks.

For example, teachers have mentioned that confusing signs +/- is a common
mistake. If anyone has any other common mistake please let me know. Once I
have a better understanding then I think it will help in creating a Math
application that is truly functional.

Thanks in advance.

- Alex

Post a public discussion message