Q&A #19305

Common Mistakes in Addition and Subtraction

View entire discussion

From: Alex Britez <abritez@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jan 28, 2008 at 16:25:23
Subject: Common Mistakes in Addition and Subtraction

Hi, I am a first semester graduate student in Educational Technology. I am looking to design an application that will help children who are having issues in mathematics early on. However before trying to tackle a problem, I would like to better understand it. Are there any patterns that are predictable year after year, particularly in the K-2 years? Obviously a child's development is very organic, but I would imagine that many children run into many of the same stumbling blocks. For example, teachers have mentioned that confusing signs +/- is a common mistake. If anyone has any other common mistake please let me know. Once I have a better understanding then I think it will help in creating a Math application that is truly functional. Thanks in advance. - Alex

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®