From: <susan_hall_6@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 05, 2008 at 14:47:21
Subject: 3rd grade math enrichment

I have been hired as a half time teacher to work with small groups (5) of
3rd graders who are somewhat advanced in their math skills.  The teachers
of these students have suggested the following areas where the students
need work:

addition and subtraction of fractions with same and unlike denominators

multiplication with 2 digit numbers

long division

I have not been provided materials, and I am not to use the same book
used in the regular classroom (which I don't presently know the name of,
can find out)

I need a good text with good examples (my background is middle school
math, not elementary) and practice exercises and a workbook that goes
along with it for the students.  Answers in a TE or back of book would be
helpful as well.

Can you suggest a book or perhaps an online source that would provide
examples and problems in these areas?

thanks,
Susan Hall

Post a public discussion message