From: Lissa Gougeon <lissa.gougeon@tldsb.on.ca>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 17, 2008 at 15:50:59
Subject: Math language

Our Board of Ed. has a huge push on using Word Walls in the classroom. As I was marking one of my students Number Sense and Numeration math tests, I realized that for many of my kids, the problem is not the math but the language. It occurred to me that I should post a Word Wall of terms that are commonly used in word problems. I could come up with quite a few, but surely there is a list somewhere of terms that would help the students decipher which operation(s) is required in that particular question. eg: Find the difference = subtraction If such a list exists, the teachers at my school would be awfully happy to post it! Thanks for your time and energy, Lissa Gougeon

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/