Q&A #19375

Journal articles for 7 - 12 grade math

T2T || FAQ || Teachers' Lounge || Browse || Search || T2T Associates || About T2T

View entire discussion

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 20, 2008 at 02:00:23
Subject: Re: Journal articles for 7 - 12 grade math

Hi Emily, The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) publishes five journals are all peer reviewed journals. If you are interested in mathematics education research, I'd suggest you take a look at The Journal for Research in Mathematics Education (JRME). If you are are interested in reading articles written with for practitioners, then take a look at the Mathematics Teacher, the Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, Teaching Children Mathematics and ON-Math. If you go to NCTM's website, http://nctm.org/ and click on the tab, "Journals and Books," you'll see the names of the five journals. Click on a name and you'll be taken to a page which gives you free access to a limited number of articles. Other ways of getting access... By becoming a member of NCTM, you can subscribe to one or more of the journals. As a grad student, you will have access to your institution's library. Your library may have hard copies available for you to read, or may have an institutional subscription in which case you can access all of the NCTM journals electronically. Hope this helps. Good luck. -Jeanne, for the T2T service

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

Math Forum Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Math Forum Search

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.