Q&A #19397

Subtraction with regrouping

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:27:47
Subject: Subtraction with regrouping

How do I help my students that are struggling with subtracting 3 digit numbers with regrouping? They remember to add ten ones to make a number bigger, but forget to reduce the tens column by one ten. We have tried money, base ten blocks, and saying the steps. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®