From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:27:47
Subject: Subtraction with regrouping

How do I help my students that are struggling with subtracting 3 digit
numbers with regrouping? They remember to add ten ones to make a number
bigger, but forget to reduce the tens column by one ten.  We have tried
money, base ten blocks, and saying the steps. Any other ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®