Q&A #19398

View entire discussion

From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 30, 2008 at 08:41:54
Subject: Re: Cylinders

Hi Anna, Have you tried to do this yourself? I find that when I am trying to consider how best to present a problem to my students, if I have already solved it myself, I realize where they could go with it. I would suggest that you then give students a set size of paper, and have them work through the calculations to determine which can would have the largest volume with the smallest surface area. This would be a great activity to use after already exploring the formulas for surface area and volume of cylinders, to give students practice using the formulas and substituting in amounts. -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®