Q&A #19414

Congruent angles

View entire discussion

From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 30, 2008 at 08:35:25
Subject: Re: Congruent angles

Hi Liz, I think the best way, especially during early experiences, is through hands-on activities. In this case, using patty paper, or tracing paper to trace and compare angles, or using toothpicks and marshmallows to build and compare, would be great ways to help students gain an understanding of congruent angles. I would make sure that the angles being compared were scattered all over the page, in different orientations (not all facing in the same direction) so that students wouldn't generalize that in order to be congruent they had to be facing the same way. I hope this gives you a please to begin... :-) -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®