Q&A #19474

Help for a 1st year teacher

View entire discussion

From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 01, 2008 at 18:50:44
Subject: Re: Help for a 1st year teacher

Hi Tommie, These sound like the kids I teach. They won't always let you know it, but deep down they are learning lessons from you all the time. Don't be disheartened. Here are a few more sites you might look into. The problems featured on the "Figure This" website are especially engaging. The applets on the Illuminations and NLVM sites cover a host of topics. You are sure to find something that will spark your students. http://www.figurethis.org/ http://illuminations.nctm.org/ http://my.nctm.org/eresources/toc.asp?journal_id=5 (you really need a membership for this site) http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html Hope this helps... :-) -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®