Q&A #19480

Parallel lines

View entire discussion

From: Jake
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 02, 2008 at 17:03:36
Subject: Parallel lines

My students have been studying parallel, perpendicular, and skew lines in 3D figures. It is easy enough to get across to them what they are and how to find them, but this year when my lower level students got to parallel lines, we hit the wall so to speak, when it came to something like a rectangular prism with one parallel line on the top left side and the match being on the bottom right side or any other combination where the two lines appear in different planes but yet are parallel. Do you have suggestions as to how to best teach this concept so that students better understand why these lines are still parallel but yet appear in different planes?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®