From: Jake
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 02, 2008 at 17:03:36
Subject: Parallel lines

My students have been studying parallel, perpendicular, and skew lines in
3D figures.  It is easy enough to get across to them what they are and
how to find them, but this year when my lower level students got to
parallel lines, we hit the wall so to speak, when it came to something
like a rectangular prism with one parallel line on the top left side and
the match being on the bottom right side or any other combination where
the two lines appear in different planes but yet are parallel.  Do you
have suggestions as to how to best teach this concept so that students
better understand why these lines are still parallel but yet appear in
different planes?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®