Q&A #19545

Graphing lines (slope/intercept)

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 28, 2008 at 20:29:03
Subject: Graphing lines (slope/intercept)

I have been teaching linear equations to my eighth grade algebra I students for a few weeks. They are a very low group of students and I have done everything but stand on my head to get these concepts across to them. I have covered slope intercept form and was reviewing it today in order to move on to solving systems of equations by graphing and they looked at me as if they had never seen it before! I wrote an equation in standard form and asked them to change it to slope intercept form so it would be easy to graph. Dead silence in the room. They all just stared at me! I am losing my patience at this point. You have no idea how many times we have gone over this. Any ideas? Thank you so much! Sandy

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®