Q&A #19591

View entire discussion

From: Shelia
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 15, 2008 at 09:16:23
Subject: Homeschooler

Hello, I homeschool my three children for now and I am hoping to send them to school next year. My older son has had problems in math and I don't want it to be the same for the younger ones. I am finding that maybe there was something I missed in teaching him in the earlier grades or there was a concept he did not quite get. Is there a sequential order to teaching children math? Like before you learn this you need to know this type of thing? I have searched the web everywhere and I want to find which foundational block my son is missing. He is 13 years old and should be doing 7th grade math. We are trying to get caught up but he is still in 5th grade math. He went to a school for a few years and when he was in third grade we pulled the kids and tried homeschool. They were rushing the children way too far. Now I am hoping I didn't make a mistake. Could someone please help?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®