From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 25, 2008 at 15:30:49
Subject: Re: Help Finding a Textbook

Hi Judy,

I don't have any middle school statistics textbooks to suggest, but I do have
some resources for you to look at that are targeted toward middle school
students.

Key Curriculum has a software called, "Tinkerplots" that I've heard wonderful
things about.  Besides the software Key also has curriculum materials.

http://keypress.com/x5715.xml

Years ago, I used some materials called, "The Quantitative Literacy" Series
to supplement what I was doing for statistics with my 9th graders enrolled in
a General Math/Pre-Algebra class. The series consists of 4 modules.  I've
provided a URL for you to look for a little background info:
http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/issues/content/cntareas/math/ma6quant.htm .

I took a look at the Dale Seymour Publications site.  It seems the books are
out of print.  BUT you can find them used on Amazon.com and on Abebooks.com.

I recommend both of these resources--especially if you have to create your
own materials to meet the need of your students.

 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®