Q&A #19650

Help Finding a Textbook

View entire discussion

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 25, 2008 at 15:30:49
Subject: Re: Help Finding a Textbook

Hi Judy, I don't have any middle school statistics textbooks to suggest, but I do have some resources for you to look at that are targeted toward middle school students. Key Curriculum has a software called, "Tinkerplots" that I've heard wonderful things about. Besides the software Key also has curriculum materials. http://keypress.com/x5715.xml Years ago, I used some materials called, "The Quantitative Literacy" Series to supplement what I was doing for statistics with my 9th graders enrolled in a General Math/Pre-Algebra class. The series consists of 4 modules. I've provided a URL for you to look for a little background info: http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/issues/content/cntareas/math/ma6quant.htm . I took a look at the Dale Seymour Publications site. It seems the books are out of print. BUT you can find them used on Amazon.com and on Abebooks.com. I recommend both of these resources--especially if you have to create your own materials to meet the need of your students. -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®