From: Gayle Niss <glniss@covad.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:16:21
Subject: Re: algebra 1

Gail,
Thank you so very much for your reply and suggestion. Our district math
coordinator is working on pulling together some collaborative meetings
between middle and high school teachers to discuss such items as 'how to
express fractions' in hopes of opening doors and minds to discussing teaching
methods and strategies that will best benefit our students. I promise that we
won't use your agreement in a negative manner (i.e. we're not trying to "win"
the argument here) but it is good to know that professional math folks agree
with the reasoning :)

Thanks again for your research, Gail!

Gayle

Post a public discussion message