Q&A #19681

Fraction notation in algebra 1

View entire discussion

From: Gayle Niss <glniss@covad.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:16:21
Subject: Re: algebra 1

Gail, Thank you so very much for your reply and suggestion. Our district math coordinator is working on pulling together some collaborative meetings between middle and high school teachers to discuss such items as 'how to express fractions' in hopes of opening doors and minds to discussing teaching methods and strategies that will best benefit our students. I promise that we won't use your agreement in a negative manner (i.e. we're not trying to "win" the argument here) but it is good to know that professional math folks agree with the reasoning :) Thanks again for your research, Gail! Gayle

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®