From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 14, 2008 at 00:10:10
Subject: Place value Reversals in First Grade

Anyone have a great idea on helping kids recognize the value of the tens
and ones place when we compare numbers such as 31 and 13?  We've done
hands-on, manipulatives until we are blue in the face, but as soon as we
move to paper, my struggling kids are lost. Do you think it's developmental?
These same kids still have handwriting reversals.

Any help with strategies would be terrific!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/