From: Anna and Brad
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 14, 2010 at 16:09:19
Subject: Writing Quadratic Equations

We are two pre-service math teachers, and have been trying to think about
how to teach students in a freshman algebra class how to move between
representations of quadratic functions.  We realized that everything we've
done starts with a quadratic equation and then asks for the graph or table.

We are wondering if there is an accessible way to teach how to take a
quadratic graph and write it's equation - for 9th graders!  We've seen ways
involving trigonometry but not anything that could be used in this lower
level class.  Is it possible?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®