Q&A #20681

Writing Quadratic Equations

View entire discussion

From: Anna and Brad
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 14, 2010 at 16:09:19
Subject: Writing Quadratic Equations

We are two pre-service math teachers, and have been trying to think about how to teach students in a freshman algebra class how to move between representations of quadratic functions. We realized that everything we've done starts with a quadratic equation and then asks for the graph or table. We are wondering if there is an accessible way to teach how to take a quadratic graph and write it's equation - for 9th graders! We've seen ways involving trigonometry but not anything that could be used in this lower level class. Is it possible?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®