From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 02, 2010 at 13:58:00
Subject: Re: 8th grade Algebra - Probability

Hi Dana,

One strategy is to make a systematic list of all possibilities and to pretend
you are working with two different colored number cubes. I'll pretend I have
a red number cube and a yellow number cube.

I'll record them as ordered pairs:  (R, Y).

Assuming that you are systematic in your thinking and recording, you'll find
a total of 36 possible outcomes. Of the 36, 11 outcomes have at least one 6.

Cheers!

 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question