From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 12, 2012 at 09:25:48
Subject: Re: Customized Learning

Jennette-Marie,

Your question has reached a small set of teachers, namely our T2T
Associates, and it seems that your question might benefit from reaching
a larger audience. I have released it to our "Teacher's Lounge" and you
should be able to locate it on the list on this page:
   http://mathforum.org/t2t/discuss/

It seems that by "customized learning environment" you might be seeking
resources that are differentiated so that each student works independently.
It also seems from mentioning that you have a 1-1 laptop classroom that
your students will be using technology with the program you hope
to design.

Have you considered the Math Forum's Problems of the Week as one of
the resources you might use? They are not free but for $25 a year you have
access to our Current Problems -- you can see the "Calendar" here:
   http://mathforum.org/pow/support/
And you can create up to 36 student logins. I think the best way to get a
sense if it's worth spending the money is to sign up for a Trial Account
which will give you free access for 21 days:
  http://mathforum.org/products/store/demoAccount.htm

Other areas of the Math Forum site that might help you find resources to
use include:

Math Tools
http://mathforum.org/mathtools/
and, in particular, you might browse from this page:
  http://mathforum.org/mathtools/sitemap2/a/
Many of the resources we've cataloged are free.

Ask Dr. Math
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/
and, in particular, you might have your students make use of:
   Middle School Archive
   High School Archive
   Selected Answers

Library
http://mathforum.org/library/
and, in particular, you might browse from this page:
   http://mathforum.org/library/topics/algebra/

If any of these resources prompts questions, we're happy to respond.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this
possibility:
http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question