Q&A #21560

Customized Learning

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 12, 2012 at 09:25:48
Subject: Re: Customized Learning

Jennette-Marie, Your question has reached a small set of teachers, namely our T2T Associates, and it seems that your question might benefit from reaching a larger audience. I have released it to our "Teacher's Lounge" and you should be able to locate it on the list on this page: http://mathforum.org/t2t/discuss/ It seems that by "customized learning environment" you might be seeking resources that are differentiated so that each student works independently. It also seems from mentioning that you have a 1-1 laptop classroom that your students will be using technology with the program you hope to design. Have you considered the Math Forum's Problems of the Week as one of the resources you might use? They are not free but for $25 a year you have access to our Current Problems -- you can see the "Calendar" here: http://mathforum.org/pow/support/ And you can create up to 36 student logins. I think the best way to get a sense if it's worth spending the money is to sign up for a Trial Account which will give you free access for 21 days: http://mathforum.org/products/store/demoAccount.htm Other areas of the Math Forum site that might help you find resources to use include: Math Tools http://mathforum.org/mathtools/ and, in particular, you might browse from this page: http://mathforum.org/mathtools/sitemap2/a/ Many of the resources we've cataloged are free. Ask Dr. Math http://mathforum.org/dr.math/ and, in particular, you might have your students make use of: Middle School Archive High School Archive Selected Answers FAQ Library http://mathforum.org/library/ and, in particular, you might browse from this page: http://mathforum.org/library/topics/algebra/ If any of these resources prompts questions, we're happy to respond. -Suzanne A., for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®