From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 16, 1998 at 12:39:26
Subject: Advancement during the school year

I want to ask my child's teacher to help  him get on track. He changed to a faster
math class midway through the school year.  I was not provided the work previously
done by the class he moved into. He has not been tutored. I feel he has too steep
a gradient because he was not in the class all year long. I would like for him to
get caught up so he will be successful in his new class. I plan to meet with his
teacher and would like to make requests but I don't know what all to ask so that
the final grading period would be better than the previous one. I wanted this move
to an advanced class to be a smooth transition. Can you help or direct me to who
can?

Unfortunately, we (my child and myself) have had communication problems with his
teacher in the past and most recently, she refused to tell me what assignments my
child was missing. I had to go to the principal and request that he get it from
the teacher. I am concerned that my child is experiencing the same struggle for
information in the classroom. What can I do?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/