From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 17, 1998 at 12:43:42
Subject: Re: Advancement during the school year

The person who made the decision to advance my child was the Principal. He gave my
child a  Math "Key" which told him he was capable of handling the faster pace of
the advance class. I record all conversations in my planner. Knowing this, should
I request any information from the teacher/Principal such as to be notified if
assignments are missing the day they aren't turned in or if my child isn't writing
the assignments completely? Do you think a meeting would be necessary or worth it?
Unfortunately, I have looked at this year as a washout because the teacher does
not want to teach my child. The teacher stated that my child was a "'C' student
and he needs to realize it." She feels that he thinks too much of himself because
he sees himself as an "A" student and has set that as his goal.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/