From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 28, 1999 at 22:42:17
Subject: Re: Math Manipulatives

My name is Gail Englert, and I teach fifth grade in Norfolk, Virginia.  I
like to use pattern blocks in my classroom.  There is the traditional set of
yellow hexagons, red trapezoids, blue parallelograms, and green triangles
(others, too, but they aren't as useful for fractions) that can be
supplemented with a fraction pattern block set sold by ETA that contains
brown trapezoids and little purple right triangles.  The pieces are
proportional to each other, and can be used to study many geometric
concepts, and fractions, too.

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question