Q&A #246

Using the Internet in the classroom

View entire discussion

From: Pat (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 16, 1998 at 18:37:21
Subject: Re: Using the Internet in the classroom

I have been lucky enough to have access to the Internet in my high school classroom for three years. One of the first things we did was correspond with students at other high schools. My Personal Finance class compared prices with a school in Idaho. We learned a lot about the cost of living in a completely different part of the country. We also sent some videos and school and town newspapers. My geometry classes worked on the problem of the week at the Geometry Forum (now the Math Forum). Students handed in the problems on Friday and I sent the answers by email. http://mathforum.org/geopow/ This year, I have projects spelled out on a Web page for my Personal Finance class. After we finish a unit, the students complete the corresponding project. For example, after studying the stock market, we signed onto a stock simulation game. My Personal Finance pages can be found at http://mathforum.org/daley/persFin.index.html . More ideas for the Internet can be found at http://mathforum.org/daley/integNet.index.html . -Pat

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®