From: Pat (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 16, 1998 at 18:37:21
Subject: Re: Using the Internet in the classroom

I have been lucky enough to have access to the Internet in my high school
classroom for three years. One of the first things we did was correspond with
students at other high schools. My Personal Finance class compared prices
with a school in Idaho. We learned a lot about the cost of living in a
completely different part of the country. We also sent some videos and school
and town newspapers.

My geometry classes worked on the problem of the week at the Geometry Forum
(now the Math Forum). Students handed in the problems on Friday and I sent
the answers by email.

http://mathforum.org/geopow/

This year, I have projects spelled out on a Web page for my Personal Finance
class. After we finish a unit, the students complete the corresponding
project. For example, after studying the stock market, we signed onto a stock
simulation game. My Personal Finance pages can be found at

http://mathforum.org/daley/persFin.index.html .

More ideas for the Internet can be found at

http://mathforum.org/daley/integNet.index.html .

-Pat

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question