From: Dawn Ulmann <detu@hamptons.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 03, 1999 at 19:46:47
Subject: Magical number ten

I feel that if my students can grasp how magical and important the number
ten is, they will be better in all their mathematics. I am looking for ways
to show this to them, but I'm stumped. I know many adults do things such as
think of the number facts for ten when adding and subtracting other
numbers, then make adjustments in the problem. I hope you see where I'm
going. I wonder what other things I can show the children about this
important number our system is based on. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/