Q&A #2465

Magical number ten

View entire discussion

From: Dawn Ulmann <detu@hamptons.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 03, 1999 at 19:46:47
Subject: Magical number ten

I feel that if my students can grasp how magical and important the number ten is, they will be better in all their mathematics. I am looking for ways to show this to them, but I'm stumped. I know many adults do things such as think of the number facts for ten when adding and subtracting other numbers, then make adjustments in the problem. I hope you see where I'm going. I wonder what other things I can show the children about this important number our system is based on. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®