From: Rick <rickjenn@msn.com> (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 05, 1998 at 18:10:38
Subject: Re: New Examples of Growth in Calculus

Carmel - I don't know if this will help, but there are a number of different publications from COMAP that deal with growth/decay application problems. You could get a catalogue by checking out their website: http://www.comap.com/ The other thing I might suggest is to do a search on the Net. One of the things I have found useful is searching using the term 'mathematical modeling'. You tend to get quite a few good sites with interesting applications. Another suggestion that struck me was checking on cellular automota (or automata) - I can't remember which. As I recall you get some nice examples that way. Good luck. Rick

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/