From: Rick <rickjenn@msn.com> (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 05, 1998 at 18:10:38
Subject: Re: New Examples of Growth in Calculus

Carmel -

I don't know if this will help, but there are a number of different
publications from COMAP that deal with growth/decay application problems. You
could get a catalogue by checking out their website:

http://www.comap.com/

The other thing I might suggest is to do a search on the Net. One of the
things I have found useful is searching using the term 'mathematical
modeling'. You tend to get quite a few good sites with interesting
applications.

Another suggestion that struck me was checking on cellular automota (or
automata) - I can't remember which. As I recall you get some nice examples
that way.

Good luck.

Rick

Post a public discussion message