From: Angie Hackney
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 09, 1998 at 14:00:25
Subject: Math and Literature

Hi.  I am a student at Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania in the
Elementary Education program. One of my assignments is to find a chat room
and discuss math or to go into a bulletin board and ask question that concern
me and get a reply.  I have a question that I really would appreciate any
response to.

Since I am a reading minor, I have numerous ideas for Language Arts and
Social Studies, but I cannot think of a way to link literature to math beyond
the first grade level. Are there trade books that I could use and what other
ideas might be helpful?

Thank you for your time and reply.

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/