From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 09, 1998 at 18:23:00
Subject: Re: Math and Literature

The best thing to do is become a member of the National Council of Teachers
of Mathematics (NCTM) and subscribe to their <I>Arithmetic Teacher</I>
journal. There are TONS of ideas on every aspect of teaching mathematics.
There is a usually some part that connects math to literature or a story. The
Middle School journal has a section called Cartoon Corner which is just
GREAT!  If you can get your hands on some older issues you can see what I
mean.

NCTM's Web site might have a listing of books appropriate for different grade
levels, too.

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/